domingo, 26 de novembro de 2006

25 de Novembro

Só porque sou banal, porque não há palavras melhores do que estas e porque 9 anos são uma eternidade...


Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.
Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message
[s]He is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.
[S]He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.
The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

W.H. Auden


*Acrescentamentos entre [ ] e negrito meus

2 comentários:

M. disse...

Um beijinho... :)

mafaldinha disse...

Obrigada, querida m, um beijinho para ti também